Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Thursday Thirteen


Thirteen Things I'd Like To Give People For Christmas

1. To G, the ability to daydream, so she'll never be bored again.
2. To Catherine and Malcolm, peace on earth ... or at least a temporary truce in our house.
3. To my elder brother-in-law, an apartment full of real, grownup furniture. And also a dog.
4. To my sister, enough money to go to any college she chooses.
5. To my friend Megan, salary equity and low-cost, high-quality childcare for all working women, and a wheat-free, dairy-free vegan chocolate cake for herself.
6. To Britney Spears, a clue. Jeez.
7. To my mother-in-law, her own mahjong parlor.
8. To my father, a job that isn't at night and doesn't involve moving tons of newspaper by hand.
9. To the couple who lives next door to me, a better -- and quieter -- relationship.
10. To my friend Zandra, good service in every restaurant she goes to for the rest of her life.
11. To the homeless lady who hangs out at my local Starbucks, an unlimited coffee card, and a warm blanket.
12. To my younger brother-in-law, a free wireless signal.
13. To all the people who read this blog, a big virtual hug -- better than a real-life one, because I'm not so great at giving those!

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. Laura
2. Local Girl
3. Sweet Kitty
4. Caylynn
5. Di



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



9 comments:

Laura said...

msy sll your christmas wishes come true!
my tt is up.

local girl said...

Great TT! I'd love to have an unlimited gift card to Starbucks! They make a killing off of me!

Sweet Kitty said...

Great list!
Thx for sharing!

Hugs and Happy TT from Germany,
Sonny
Have a wonderful Christmas Time!

Sweet like Kitty
Sonny's Xmas

amy said...

thats an awesome TT! Thanks for sharing

Caylynn said...

Wonderful list! :) I'm laughing at your gift to Britney!

Happy Holidays!

Di said...

I'm a sucker for the Starbucks lady. If you want to e-mail me your snail mail address, I'll send you a $10 Starbucks gift card for her. I'm only there EVERY day.h

zandra said...

LOL! I'd settle for good service half the time :) Thanks for the good wishes.

GuusjeM said...

Great list - what a kind & carinng person you are!

writermeeg said...

Aw, V, thanks so much! I'm touched. And really hankering that chocolate cake now... (big hug)