Saturday, January 06, 2007

My week

Neatly bullet-pointed for your convenience!

• I played a four-day game of hide-and-go-seek, oops-just-missed-ya! with the UPS delivery driver, who was holding my new laptop hostage. (I say this, but he probably wanted to get it off his truck as much as I wanted to receive it.) It all culminated in me driving 20 miles each way to pick my package up at the UPS shipping depot. Boo. But, new laptop. Yay!

• I finally got over my malarial bubonic typhoid plague-itis. So did G. However, she goes back to school on Monday, so it's only a matter of time before the next germ enters our home.

• I lost two pounds of the chub I gained between October and December. Only 10 more to go.

• I spent several happy hours transferring all my stuff from my old laptop, a three-year-old iBook, to my new (and hard-won) laptop, a black MacBook. It runs like the wind and has a wireless antenna strong enough to pick up the signal from the downstairs base station, eliminating the pesky sometimes-weak, sometimes-dead spot in my bedroom. Hopefully it'll inspire me to do more writing.

• I took back library books that were due two weeks ago and paid the $21.20 fine. If you add late fees to the tax dollars I already pay, plus the fact that I go to a library in another city and pay every year for the privilege, I'm doing way more than my share to keep the library system running. They should name a branch after me.

• I pondered making New Year's resolutions, but the one I really want to make -- "Stop sucking at life" -- seems too big and general, and anything smaller and more specific wouldn't even scratch the surface. On the other hand, I would like to get rid of this feeling of constant low-level suckage, which is dispiriting and not very productive. What to do?

No comments: