Saturday, March 31, 2007

Life imitates art

So I'm driving back from the auto body shop, having just learned that it will cost almost $2,000 to get my extra car in good enough shape to return it when the lease expires. I'm complaining about this to my father, who has come along to help me transport Car No. 2, when a voice suddenly pipes up from the back seat.

"Mom ... I have gum stuck in my hair."

At the next stoplight, I turn around and discover that the gum is embedded horizontally in the hair just above her left ear.

"How did you get it there?" asks my father.

"I was trying to stick it behind my ear," says G.

"Why would you do that?"

"I know why," I say. "Don't I, Violet Beauregarde?"

G looks sheepish.

"That is why, isn't it?" I press, and she nods.


Damn you, Roald Dahl!

1 comment:

FosterAbba said...

Peanut butter. Lots of it.