Saturday, March 10, 2007

Party at my house

Last night I dozed off on my bed while G was watching a DVD in my bedroom. When I woke up, I was greeted by the following scene of chaos:

• A chair that had been upended and draped with quilts and pillows to make some sort of Roman lounge
• A nearly-empty bag of Goldfish crackers
• Several half-empty water cups
• Toys scattered hither and yon
• A camping lantern on the floor
• Clothes of both mine and hers, also on the floor
• Underneath the clothes, a lot of my jewelry (grrr)
• One of those feather-wand cat toys with half the feathers pulled out

I'd woken up because G had climbed onto the bed with me and said she was tired. After I packed her off to her own room and started cleaning up, I went downstairs and discovered that this was because it was 1:16 a.m. Well, no wonder.

Note to self: Next time, don't lie down.

No comments: