Sunday, May 20, 2007

Miscellaneous

Dear lady in the Target snack bar who thought wearing a long-sleeved T-shirt under a short-sleeved T-shirt would provide enough support for your very large breasts:

It didn't.

Sorry. You looked like a very nice lady, but you were at least two cup sizes bigger and probably five or six years older than me, and I can't pull that one off. Next time, wear a bra.

Love,
Your sister in sagginess

In other news, I don't think I should ever be allowed to go to Target and the supermarket in one afternoon. It drains me. When we came home, I had to spend some time sitting on the sofa and restoring myself with chocolate-chip cookies while G watched something called The Shiny Show on our cable company's BBC Kids on Demand channel. (IT'S A JOINING-IN SHOW, or so the puppets yell at least once per episode.) If G were taking one of those surveys that ask you to name your guilty pleasure, little-kid television would definitely be hers -- while all her friends are watching That's So Raven and Hannah Montana, she's secretly gorging herself on episodes of Blue's Clues and Little Einsteins, plus stuff like The Shiny Show that is clearly intended for toddlers. Not that I mind; I just think it's funny that a kid her age is already a fan of something that would embarrass her if other people knew about it. :)

3 comments:

Mrs Figby said...

You should see Brainiac get sucked into Dora & Blue's Clues when they're on for Apples. And he's 14. Perhaps they're longing for a simpler time.h

Well-heeled mom said...

"Your sister is sagginess"

You crack me up.

Pixilated Mum said...

I put on "Barney" now and then for Sebastian --- to have him exposed to eye candy while I run in the shower real fast. The older kids say they are going to join him just to keep him company, but you just KNOW that they're loving the purple dinosaur!