Sunday, June 24, 2007

Wet blanket

G: I want to go somewhere. What are we doing today?
Me: We could go to the beach.
G: No.
Me: Movies?
G: No.
Me: Zoo?
G: No.
Me: Mall?
G: No.
Me: Swap meet?
G: No.
Me: Library storytime?
G: No.
Me: Take the train down to the mission?
G: What's the mission?
Me: *explains*
G: No.
Me: Grandma's house?
G: No.
Me: Church carnival?
G: No.
Me: Go to that big shopping center and ride the carousel?
G: Have they got gelato there?
Me: I don't know. I think so.
G: No.
Me: You know what I wish?
G: What?
Me: I wish there were a place where moms could drop off pesty little kids who complain about being bored and reject all attempts to help them. It would be called the No-Fun Zone, and the kids would sit around and say "I don't wanna do that" while the moms went out and had fun together.
G: I'm going up to my room to sulk.

I'd be annoyed if it weren't so ridiculous!

2 comments:

Pixilated Mum said...

LOL

And, wow, you offer a lot of choices. You are so cool. She's gonna HAVE to see how cool you are when she's older. You know. And not sulking. LOL

Vanessa said...

I had a hard time not laughing when she told me she was going to sulk. I sat down and read a book, and she was done in five minutes. :)