Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Attack of the Five-and-a-Half-Foot Cat Woman

While administering meds to my struggling victim this morning, I accidentally squirted myself in the face with cat antibiotic. The first thing that popped into my mind was that Spongebob Squarepants episode where Spongebob injects himself with Gary's snail plasma and mutates into a snail. Then I realized that since I'm allergic to penicillin and the cat antibiotic (Clavamox) has a "cillin" in its name, I probably had concerns more pressing than sprouting whiskers.

I washed off the drips and there seemed to be no harm done, but if I suddenly get an urge to chase small moving objects and use a sandbox for a toilet, I'll let you all know.

Meow.

4 comments:

Well-heeled mom said...

The dogs were always so easy to administer meds to. We haven't had to yet with our kitty, and judging from his personality so far, it would be no easy task.

writermeeg said...

Ugh. We had to hold S down today for a blood draw, which was not fun, but at least I knew she wouldn't claw me!! Hang in there...

Diana said...

You're a brave woman to tackle a cat with an eyedropper, and your cat is lucky to have you.

Pixilated Mum said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhchoooooooooooooo!

Quick! Update your blog before my near-fatal cat allergies do me in. ;-)