Friday, March 07, 2008

Good eats

A friend recently pointed me to Vegan Yum Yum's recipe for hasperat, which is an imaginary food that VYY's author heard about on Star Trek and decided to reproduce. Since I'm both a vegetarian and a massive sci-fi dork, I had to make it for dinner tonight. I substituted regular white vinegar because I didn't have the recommended rice vinegar on hand, and I didn't reproduce the pretty grill marks from VYY's photo, but man, was it delicious. I also used spicy red pepper hummus because I like my food hot (my motto: if it don't make you sweat, it ain't worth eatin'), but it would probably be just as good with plain hummus if you're a delicate flower who can't tolerate spices. Mmmmm.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Darn you, V!! I'm going to have to go try that stupid recipe now. How will I be able to face anyone once I've made Bajorian food?? How can I face anyone now knowing that I want to?

*sigh*

All Adither said...

Thanks. I'm going to try that. I think I even have all the ingredients on hand.