Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Kryptonite

Six Words That Need to Be Banned From the English Language

This immediately made me think of my friend Veronica, who shares the author's hatred of the word moist. I don't hate moist particularly, but I do have a personal shortlist of words I dislike, including veggies, ooze, spurt, congeal, panties, and greasy - that last especially when it's pronounced greezy, the way my high-school journalism teacher (a nebbishy little man with the worst dandruff I have ever seen on another human being), always said it. If you could combine those six words into one sentence it would probably kill me.

I do like pulp in my orange juice, though. I would totally buy a carton labeled "Holy Shit Pulp" if I could find one. G is completely grossed out by both pulp and OJ, and I enjoy walking into her room with a tall, cold glass and announcing "I just wanted to let you know that I'm going to drink my PULPY JUICE now. MMMM PULP." Hey, I've got to entertain myself somehow.

3 comments:

MomToAp said...

Ugh. My mother in law says greezy and many other horrible insults on the English language.

Humincat said...

Oh man, panties used to drive me up a wall, but I have taught it to my little one for some strange reason and hearing her say it 18 times a day kinda has worn the power off of it a bit. I don't like curb. It feels abbreviated to me. And random. Like, WHY is that called a curb and not a pert or a snip or some other such 4 letter combination. Anyway, thanks for the funny read, I torment my daughters as often as possible with dancing while driving.

Vee said...

I do hate that word. And I always will. :P So there.

And eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek. I am with G about the pulp. If I wanted that much pulp, I'd eat the orange, not drink it.

; )