Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Daybook

Outside my window... it's dark and raining.

I am thinking... about all the things I still need to do before I go to bed.

I am thankful for... having the money to pay for the dental crown I need (even if I would much rather spend it on something else).

From the kitchen... one of us had pasta with roasted broccoli, shallots, garlic and Spanish olives for dinner. One of us had plain pasta with sauce. I'll let you guess which was which.

I am wearing... still in my work clothes: grey pinstripe trousers and black sweater.

I am creating... nothing at the moment.

I am going... to work tomorrow, assuming I feel well enough - I've had that ucky just-getting-ill feeling all day.

I am reading. Room: A Novel 

I am hoping... that there's thunder with the rain tonight. I love lying in bed during a thunderstorm.

I am hearing... the cat licking his paw to wash his face.

Around the house... G is watching a Halloween episode of Penguins of Madagascar downstairs, and I'm on my bed. I have one cat with me and I think G has the other one with her.

One of my favorite things...  my laptop.

A few plans for the rest of the week...  G is camping with her Cadette troop this weekend, so we need to drop her gear off with her leader tomorrow evening. While she's camping, I'm going to see the Saturday matinee showing of this play. It'll be my second Shakespeare of the year - G and I saw Taming of the Shrew together over the summer, at the Old Globe in San Diego.

Here is the picture I am sharing...

This is G's drawing of a character she invented for a story.





2 comments:

yui said...

I'm looking forward to the next update.

Jewels said...

I miss the day's when my cats were allowed to be on the bed. Men are stupid.