Sunday, October 03, 2010

A new wrinkle

The last 10 days or so have been quite interesting, and when I say "interesting," I don't mean interesting, I mean interesting.

Without going into too much detail, there's some family drama brewing, drama that, while it has nothing to do with me and G personally, will most likely lead to us having to move because the house we live in (rented from a relative) is going to be put on the market for sale. I'm trying really hard not to be bitter about this, especially because the relative who owns the house is also having her hand forced and isn't to blame, but so far I haven't been very successful. The realtor is coming over tomorrow morning to inspect the property and take photos, and I feel bitter every time I think about it. The idea of having photos taken seems very invasive, but I imagine it's nothing in comparison to how invasive it's going to feel when potential buyers are trooping through here, opening cupboard doors and testing the shower head. I'm sure I wouldn't mind if I owned the place and were selling it for my own benefit, but I don't, and the whole thing is harshing my mellow in a most unpleasant way.

I do have to give a shout-out to the B complex "stress support" vitamins I started taking when all this first went down: I started sleeping better and feeling less on edge almost immediately, and I'm still much calmer than you would expect under the circumstances. I freely admit that it may be a placebo effect, but I really don't care if it is. Vitamins certainly won't do me any harm, and $14.99 is a small price to pay for being able to keep it all together during a trying time. We'll see how well they work once the house actually sells and I have to find a new place to live, then pack up and move all our stuff for the third time in five years. Wherever we end up, we'll have to stay there for a while, because I'm running out of friends who are willing to keep lugging my 500-pound entertainment center and 39388404 boxes of books from one home to another.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

I'm so sorry, I know how upsetting it can be to be forced to move, to have it not be my choice. I also relate to the moving stress itself. I've had to move 4 times in the last year, 5 times in the last 2 years, since my separation and divorce from an unfaithful husband. I wish you well. I'm sure there is a blessing in this, there always seems to be one there somewhere.

Sandy
PS, I've been following you anonymously for awhile, I think I'll change that to public. Thank you for sharing your days and thoughts. If you would like to see what I'm about, my blog is mormonexwife.blogspot.com

Widow in the Middle said...

Oh, dear! Reading this I could so relate! To have to deal with physical change (literally) on top of emotional change is tough to describe unless you've been there. I keep looking at my bookshelves overflowing with books and the storage shed (also full of books) and wonder how I would ever survive another move. Sometimes I wonder if I should just sell and donate the books and invest in a Kindle. I seriously might consider that in the future. My heart really goes out to you right now and I wish I had better words of wisdom to offer.