Monday, August 29, 2011

Daybook

Outside my window... the sunlight has made that subtle shift from summer to autumn.

I am thinking... I'll go mental if this week is as boring as last week.

I am thankful for... having the money to get my brakes fixed, even if I would much rather have spent that money on something more fun.

From the kitchen... I'm planning to make this vegetable curry for dinner tonight (for my dinner anyway; G won't want any and will probably have pasta).

I am wearing... black capri sweatpants and a navy blue tank top.

I am creating... a new look for G's bedroom. She wants all black furniture, so I've slowly been replacing the light wood stuff she's had since she was two. This weekend I bought and assembled a bookcase; now all she needs is a loft bed, which will probably be her Christmas present this year.

I am going... to see some Shakespeare later this week.

I am reading... Neverwhere

I am hoping... that G has an easy transition to junior high.

I am hearing... Ben Harper singing "Diamonds on the Inside" from my laptop.

Around the house... I think G is still sleeping (I've been in to wake her a couple of times, but she just goes right back to sleep). One of the cats is in her room and the other one is lounging on the floor of my room.

One of my favorite things... believe it or not, is cleaning the house. I don't like everyday chores like vacuuming and dishes very much, but I love when I can do the really detailed cleaning that I rarely have time for.

A few plans for the rest of the week: We have the aforementioned Shakespeare play to attend, plus an orientation and dinner for incoming seventh-graders the following day. I've been talking to P's cousin about getting together with her and her daughter on Friday - we haven't seen them in more than two years, even though they only live a 30-minute drive away - but I don't know if it will actually come to fruition.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing...


This photo is exactly what I wish my life were like. I don't play the double bass, or any instrument, but in my fantasy world, I would, and I'd have a room just like that and sit around playing Beethoven symphonies all day long. Except between three and four o'clock every afternoon, when someone would serve me tea and cookies on the terrace that I imagine is right underneath that window. I guess in my fantasy world I would also have a maid. And a cook who knew how to bake shortbread.

3 comments:

Mel R said...

That curry sounds great, I saved the recipe. My kid won't eat it and my husband will reluctantly but I will love it. I get tired of making things only they like and get selfish once in awhile. Your fantasy life sounds great except I'd be painting instead of playing the cello, and I would be easily brilliant at it! LOL

jane smith said...

Statement by the owner surnamed Wang blue suede wedges
in the Mekong River on the road almost all the considerable number of ships to intercept the illegal armed, raided or robbed, and some were abducted hostage, we all know is very dangerous to continue to engage in shipping. Local police confirmed that an old saying in recent years has undergone a lot of cases, he had been Tory Burch Boots in black and orange
personally involved in rescue kidnapped Chinese hostages. As for why all know the dangers but also to run the shipping, he said: "their lives more difficult, if there are other sources of income, it will not run."According to preliminary statistics departments, currently sailing in the Mekong on Chinese ships have 116,tory burch glitter reva
and 20 ships for the Lao nationality, Burmese, but the basic all the Chinese people. In working on these ships is basically Chinese crew members, more than 1,000 people.
Currently, Chiang Saen port in Thailand stranded crewtory burch walker fringe moccasin boot
members a total of 164 Chinese people, cargo 28. Strong crew find out the truth as soon as possible, properly handle the aftermath, and allow them safe return home. Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Liu Weimin, 12, said at a regular press conference, Foreign Ministry and the provincial government is coordinating the Thailand,black knee high suede boots
Myanmar, the Lao Government, the Chinese crew members of vessels stranded by the waters of the Mekong River back to provide security and patrol boats for the Chinese public security to facilitate collusion.

Anonymous said...

A christian louboutin louboutin louboutin uk for example is easily available at christian louboutin uk prices which christian louboutin shoes are quite definitely in your reach.
http://www.ukcl-shoe.net/ lhg0131