Friday, August 26, 2011

Vacation, all I ever wanted

A short review of the first week of my end-of-summer vacation:

Had car problems
Was without a car for 48 hours
Registered G for junior high
Paid $450 for new brakes
Had repair crew in house for an entire morning*
Did work
Found BEES IN MY HOUSE**
Watched a week's worth of groceries vanish in four days
BEES. IN MY HOUSE.
Did more work
Went nowhere except grocery store and post office
OMG BEES

* The good part of this is that our air conditioning finally, finally works. It works so well that yesterday I thought "Wow, it's nice and cool in my bedroom; I think I'll lie down and enjoy it." Next thing I knew, I opened my eyes and an hour and a half had passed. I went downstairs and G was huddled under a blanket, shivering. Do your worst, California autumn! We're ready.

The bad part is that one of the repairmen asked to use our upstairs bathroom while he was here, and let's just say it wasn't a Number One. I know when you've got to go, you've got to go, and I could hardly send the poor guy to the service station down the street, but the idea of a total stranger taking a dump in my bathroom really bothered me at a visceral level. (Yes, I know, I use public restrooms that thousands of total strangers have used before me. It's not the same.) I need to go in and sanitize now that some time has passed - I couldn't bring myself to do it earlier.

** Yesterday morning I was lying in bed, drinking my coffee and reading my email, when I heard a loud buzzing/humming noise. Investigation revealed a large bee/wasp/hornet thing bumping around the inside of my bedroom window. I managed to trap it with my empty cereal bowl and release it outside, and then I heard the same noise coming from inside the wall behind my bed, near the electrical outlet where my bedside lamp plugs in. While I was taping up the open space in the outlet so nothing winged and many-legged could squeeze its way through, G called "Mom, there's some kind of insect on the wall down here, and I don't know what it is, and I'm not going close enough to find out." I went downstairs, and sure enough, it was another flying stinger. I couldn't catch that one, so I sucked it up with the vacuum hose of doom. I haven't seen or heard any more since then (the one in the wall buzzed a bit more and then stopped) but I did find about 30 of them lying dead on the little balcony outside my bedroom. If I don't post again, it will be because a swarm carried me away in the night and made me their queen.

2 comments:

jane smith said...

"Mekong River Massacre" occurred, in tory burch suede boots with gold heel
order to ensure the safety of our crew, Yunnan authorities have suspended the Lancang - Mekong international shipping. "Even non-stop, no one dared to set sail, and still outside of the crewsnake print flats
are afraid to sail back." A cargo ship owner said."Golden Waterway" is facing the fate of waste
Tanggula Lancang River originates in Qinghai Plateau, from the Mekongtory burch moccassins
River in Yunnan Province, said after leaving Mengla. Length of 4880 km, 2130 km inland of China, flows through, Myanmar, the old, Thai, Jian, the more of the six countries. According to "Lancang Mekong tory burch black brown flat boots
merchant shipping agreement" Lancang - Mekong waterway Simao Port in China mainly refers to Luang Prabang by sea between Hong Kong and 886 km waterway.
Water safety factor has become the biggest problem for route development, since even a few dozen every year from being intercepted or armed attacks on the case. From 2007 our crew member who tory burch caroline ballet flat
was shot to death this year, the Mekong robbery more frequently. April 2011, three ships of the 19 Chinese crew members and 14 Burmese workers, who by the Myanmar illegal armed robbery and seizure; August 22, Yunnan Comfort 17 outbound tourist boat tours to the Golden Triangle area suffered a unidentified armed robbery.

Anonymous said...

A christian louboutin louboutin louboutin uk for example is easily available at christian louboutin uk prices which christian louboutin shoes are quite definitely in your reach.
http://www.ukcl-shoe.net/ lhg0131