Thirteen ways to know you're at our house:
1. The area near the front door looks like a shoe store on clearance day.
2. You can't get a hamburger for dinner, or any other type of meat.
3. Fruits Basket is probably playing on TV somewhere.
4. Cats are watching you balefully from high places.
5. The shelves are stuffed with books, and all around the house you find open, face-down books in various stages of being read.
6. You can access the Internet in at least three different ways at any given time.
7. The reading material in the bathroom is a copy of Archaeology magazine, open to a page with a photo of a hideous unwrapped mummy.
8. Black is clearly someone's favorite color.
9. Someone else is clearly in love with jewelry.
10. The kid-drawn art on the fridge is anime-style.
11. It's an all-female house, but the older family photos include a tall, dark-haired guy with a nice smile.
12. It's okay to randomly burst into song if you feel like it (and if you wait long enough, someone will).
13. Someone will probably still be awake at midnight.