Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Hey, it's Chupacabra!

On Sunday, G and I spent four hours in the special Purgatory that is a walk-in medical clinic on a weekend. We were trapped in the waiting room with a television that played Noggin nonstop, and after a while, in extreme boredom, we started imagining alternate scenarios for Franklin, the show about the anthropomorphic turtle and his friends Goose, Bear, Beaver and Rabbit.

I suggested that it would make for a very interesting episode indeed if Franklin got a new friend called Chupacabra:



"Franklin, Mom and I don't think you should play with Chupacabra anymore."



"But Dad! Chupacabra is the coolest kid in school! I mean, his teeth are weird and he drools a lot, and Goat won't come around anymore when we hang out together, but still, he's really neat."



"I'm sure he is, Franklin, but we just don't think he's a good influence. You'll need to find other friends to play with."



"Awww."

The next day:



"Hey, Chupacabra ... I hope this won't hurt your feelings, but my dad says I can't play with you anymore."



"RRRAAARGGHHHSSHHHNNNGGGHHLLAAAAAAAH!"



"I'm really sorry. I hope we can still be friends."



"GNNNNNHHHSSHHRARRRGH! RAAAHH!"



"Well, I guess I'll see you around. Good luck with the baseball game next Friday."


Next Friday:



"Franklin! Franklin! Did you hear? Chupacabra ate Goose!"



"Oh no! Why?"



"I dunno. One minute we were playing baseball, and then it was all honking and hissing and feathers flying. It was terrible."



"Wow. I guess Dad was right about Chupacabra. Thanks, Dad!"



"Well, son, that's what Mom and I are here for. Sometimes we may ask you to do something you don't want to do, like going to bed or brushing your teeth or not playing with a bloodthirsty goat-sucking monster. But we do it all because we love you."



"I love you guys too."

Hugs all around. Credits roll.

G has a slightly twisted sense of humor (gosh, I wonder where she got it) and is fascinated by the legend of el chupacabra, so she found this hysterical -- in fact, it was her idea for Chupacabra to consume one of the other animals. Somehow I doubt it would appeal to the preschool set, though, so I think we'll pass on sending a script treatment off to Noggin. Hee.

4 comments:

Annie said...

LMAO! I love the chupacabra. I remember it from the X-Files (No, Mulder, I do not believe it was a chupacabra.) I am pretty sure I could sell Katy on it but for the goose and goat eating. She loves foreign words and is always babbling a mixture of real and made up Spanish and French (and Chinese too she claims).

Pixilated Mum said...

ROFLMAO .... (clutching my stomach from laughing so hard)

And I love the parents' lovey dovey throwaway lines. LOL

All Adither said...

You should print that one out and laminate it.

Angie
www.AllAdither.com

Jenny said...

Oh I love it! You should make a stop motion film of that (even just with storyboards) and put it on YouTube. At least until Noggin sues you and makes you remove it and promise to never even utter the Franklin name again. LOL.