Friday, August 18, 2006

Still not queen

Names G has suggested for her cat-to-be:

• Stenchy
• Debbie
• Sir Meows-a-Lot
• Cat 412

I'm telling you, this cat is going to need therapy.

On another note, have I ever mentioned that G is not a morning person? She isn't. Even as a toddler, she was never one of those kids who wake up singing before sunrise, and now that she's discovered the fine art of sleeping in, she'd remain blissfully unconscious till midmorning if I let her. Unfortunately, I can't let her. I have to go to work, and she has to go to Grandpa's office, and both of these things have to happen before 9 a.m. every day.

To say that this causes problems would be a understatement. This morning, I went into her room five times between 7:45 and 8:25 to wake her up, and every time, she rolled over and went right back to sleep. At 8:30, I started dressing her as she slept -- entertaining evil fantasies about buckets and ice water all the while -- and that finally got her to open her eyes. And boy, was she grouchy when she did. Just what I need before I've had my coffee.

I know part of the problem is the time she's going to bed at night. For years, we've had a good, consistent bedtime routine that ends with lights-out at 8:30 p.m. Now, for a variety of reasons, everything is off schedule, and she's been falling asleep closer to 10 p.m. That's still ten hours of sleep, but G has always been an eleven- or twelve-hour girl. I'd love to just leave her asleep and carry her out to the car in her pajamas, but she's not much smaller than a small adult at this point (I'm 5'6" and she stands about shoulder-height on me), which makes that maneuver more or less impossible.

So, we have to find some way of getting back to the 8:30 bedtime. I think it'll be easier after we move -- it'll take less time to get home after I pick her up, for one thing. But for now, it's going to take discipline on both our parts. This morning, as she was wailing about having to get up OMG SO EARLY, I said, "You know you're tired because you went to bed late last night, right?" and she said she did. Then I said, "So when I tell you it's time to go to bed tonight, you're not going to argue with me, right?" and she said she wouldn't. Well, she didn't argue (much), but it still took her nearly an hour to settle down and go to sleep after I turned the light off ... mostly because she was cracking herself up by suggesting cat names like "Poopsie."

I await tomorrow with slightly weary trepidation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

when used on fashion items. The decision in Qualitex explained that there is a broad "universe of things" that can be protected as a trade mark as long as it indicates the origin of the goods. Section Christian Louboutin Outlet1127 of the Lanham Act says that trademarks "include any word, name, symbol or device, or any combination thereof". Undersection 1052(f), unless a mark is proven to be functional "nothing...shall pre

Louboutin shoe (some owners of the shoe may think this is now a chicken-egg type question).The aesthetic function test asks whether an aesthetic feature of a product is functional because it is "essential to effective competition." Tiffany's brief argued that although the District Court did not refer to the aesthetic functionality defense by name the court nevertheless stated that the general use

heir organization known as the" East Jing au". Christian Louboutin Women's PumpsNo one knows the origin of six person, know only their name now:Geng Yuhuai was brother to Las Vegas when defenders who had had two years. Nominally, six brothers lay together this piece of land, but only Geng Yuhuai and Tong Qing presided over the side of the things. Others are looking for new conquest to the. They are hunting the hunters, once the p

he body of the eighth chapterThe oldest auction, the existence of time has made people don't remember clearly. When the setting sun afterglow sprinkled with Gothic architecture roof, with a bleak mysterious Christian Louboutin Women's Slingbakquietly in the air spread, the dark universe, building on the various types of stone carving is more quiet and rare.The auction was made of Da Vinci's" Madonna of the rocks"," the virgin and ch