Sunday, October 08, 2006

Slow on the uptake

Half an hour ago, I walked past G's bathroom and saw the cat standing with her front paws on the toilet seat and her head in the bowl.

"That's disgusting, Catherine!" I said, chasing her out and shutting the lid.

Ten minutes later, I found her in the tub in my bathroom, licking up the leftover drips from my shower.

"Yuck, stop it. There's soap in there. You'll get sick," I told her. She just looked up at me with her big green eyes, then went back to licking.

Five minutes after that, I walked through the kitchen and discovered that her water dish was empty. And it still took a few seconds of the hamsters running on their little wheel inside my head before I figured out that this might have something to do with her sudden obsession with alternative water sources.

Maybe I'm not as over that blow to the head as I thought I was.

Anyway, I have to take G grocery shopping now. Pray that I don't get lost somewhere in the pasta aisle!

1 comment:

debangel said...

Oh good, I'm not the only one who has a cat who drinks from the toilet! Does she bat at the TP roll, too?