Sunday, October 29, 2006

Longest day EVER

So far today, G and I have gone out to breakfast, visited a pumpkin patch, gone to two stores on a fruitless search for a copy of Nightmare Before Christmas on DVD, drawn pictures, carved a pumpkin, watched a movie (her), taken a nap (me) and done the grocery shopping, and it's still not even five o'clock yet. I'm cooking dinner now in hopes of filling up half an hour or so, and then we're going to bake Halloween cookies, and then I guess we'll just sit here and stare at each other till bedtime.

Argh.

1 comment:

ali said...

Reading your blog makes me remember to hug my husband and daughter a little tighter and to try to let the little things go - I'm not always successful, mind you, but I do try. This post in particular has really stuck with me because I often lament the long days my daughter and I spend alone together because my husband travels a great deal, but now I try to remember instead to look forward to his homecomings. I don't know if this helps you in anyway, but I just wanted you to know I'm out here listening.