Thursday, May 24, 2007

If you insist

Tonight, after viewing an episode of "Drake and Josh," G asked, "Mom, what does it mean when you're grounded?"

"It's a punishment," I said. "It means you have to stay home after school and you can't go anywhere fun."

Her eyes lit up. You would have thought I'd said being grounded meant someone would turn up and give her chocolate and puppies.

"Can I be grounded, Mom? Can I?"

"Uh, G, you already don't go anywhere after school. I don't think you'd be able to tell the difference."

"Pleeeeeease! Please ground me!"

"But G --"

"Pleeeeeease!"

"Okay, fine. You're grounded."

"Oh, thank you, thank you Mommy! Yay!" And she ran upstairs and wrote GROUNDED in big orange letters on her wall calendar. She is planning to be grounded until June 4.

Have fun, G!

1 comment:

Pixilated Mum said...

ROFL I'm totally .... gasping .... for hour.

It's kind of like when my kids pretend that they have homework and sigh. "Oh, boy," the girl will say dramatically sometimes, "I'll need to do homework after dinner."

Her brother will say, "Uhm, isn't all our work homework?"

LOL