Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Out with the old year

I am so ready for this year to be over, I can't tell you. It isn't even as if it was a bad year; I'm just done with it. Bring on 2010.

This reminds me of the way I felt the last few weeks I was pregnant with G -- coincidentally, also around Christmas -- when I was fed up with being pregnant and wanted her to be born already. I had to keep going to work because I didn't have any vacation time (I worked until a week past my due date, terrifying the guy across the aisle, who was certain the baby would just fall out of me as I sat at my desk ... if only it had been that easy), so I would drag myself through the day, then come home and sit on the sofa with a bag of assorted Mother's Cookies until it was time to go to bed. I feel just like that now, only without the cookies. Where are my cookies, dammit?!

1 comment:

FosterAbba said...

Hey, at least you can still buy Mother's cookies. They were off the market for a while because they went out of business, and the world had to wait for Kellogg to buy them out, and start manufacturing the cookies again.

I thought I was gonna die without my Taffy cookies.