Monday, May 08, 2006

Braiiiiins!

Urgh. Tired. Work has been harsh lately, and I feel like my brain is being slowly removed through my left ear. Give me back my braiiiiins ... [/zombie]

Speaking of brain removal (how often do you get to use a segue like that?), G asked to have the Egyptian sections in Story of the World, Vol. I as her bedtime reading tonight. We read about mummification and pyramids, with G cross-referencing her Egyptology book the whole time, then went on to Sargon of Mesopotamia and finished up with Abraham and Sarah. I mentioned that the SoTW activity guide has instructions for mummifying a chicken, and she thought that was too gross -- a judgment with which I heartily concur -- but we decided that we could get a rubber chicken, wrap it in bandages and call it King Cluck. :-)

Frankly, after her recent experience with chickens, I'm surprised she doesn't want revenge against the entire species, but it's just as well. I don't think I'm equipped to handle a poultry vendetta.

No comments: