Monday, September 17, 2007

The Adventures of Stickman, or Vanessa Can't Draw

While talking to a friend a week or so ago, I suddenly remembered the series of stories I made up when I was teaching G to read word endings and vowel/consonant blends. They all starred a character called Stickman (original, I know) and grew to feature an entire stick-figure cast, including Stick Woman, Stick Boy, Stick Girl, and Stick Dog, who bore a strong resemblance to Zero from The Nightmare Before Christmas. I thought I'd scanned some of them, and a quick poke through my photo album revealed that I had. So I'm going to share one here, if only to amuse you all with my incredibly poor drawing skills:













You'll notice that the stick family is vegetarian, like us. Propaganda? Maybe, but hey, my fictional universe, my rules!

4 comments:

FosterAbba said...

I love it!!! MORE!!!

Pixilated Mum said...

That's too cute! Oh, my gosh. Stick drawings can be way cute.

And I was dying at the end there because halfway through the story, I was thinking, "Waaaaaaaaaait a second. What sort of violation of beliefs is V making by writing 'meat, meat, meat' for the dog?" LOL

Yes, I got the veggie propaganda. LOL

You so rock, V.

Jenny said...

OMG, that is too cute!! Trust me girl, you draw waaayyyyy better than I do.

christian louboutin uk store sale said...

g that other users should be permitted to use a utilitarian feature that (i) lowers manufacturing costs, (ii) raises quality or (iii) is essential to the products use. (picture, right - Bentham ponders over Christian Louboutin Outletthe utilitarian function of red-soled high-heels...)Under the first prong, a design feature that affects the cost or quality of an article is "one which permits the article to be manufactured a

t. Citing McCarthy on Trademarks and Unfair Competition, Tiffany argued that the order which the court has to decide these issues is first and foremost, issues of validity and then likelihood of confusion. Once those are decided and a prima facie case is established does the court proceed to the defense of functionality. The court was also charged with dealing with preliminary injunction issues. D

Co., the US Court of Appeals for the Ninth CircuitChristian Louboutin Classic Black applied the aesthetic functionality doctrine and found that the defendant was entitled to copy the plaintiff's china designs, since the attractiveness of the design was the primary selling feature of the china and thereby served a non-trademark function. However, the Second Circuit specifically rejected the Pagliero test for aesthetic functionalit

cided with the filming of the forthcoming Hollywood movie, The Iron Lady, which was being shot at Manchester Town Hall.Bride and groom Freya and Graham McAnally had been warned ahead of their big day that Christian Louboutin Women's Bootsthe cast and crew would be filming at the historic hall for two days as the interior resembles that of the Houses of Parliament. However the newlyweds were not prepared for the Hollywood cast, wh