Saturday, September 22, 2007

Another day, another life lesson

G and I are discussing the upcoming school photos, and I tell her that she absolutely has to let me do something to tame her hair for the occasion. She fires back that she doesn't want to have a hairstyle because someone might laugh at it.

Me: So what? If someone really wants to laugh at you, they'll find something to laugh at no matter what you do, so you might as well do what you want. I mean, I could laugh at those people over there for turning the sprinklers on in their yard if I felt like it.

G: But that's not funny.

Me: My point exactly. Most of the time when kids laugh at each other for something, like wearing glasses for example, it's because they want to be mean, not because it's funny.

G (indignant): Wearing glasses isn't funny at all! S wears glasses and she's my friend.

Me: Right. She needs them to see. There's nothing funny about that.

G: Well, if anyone ever laughed at her, I'd tower over them [note: G is very tall and has at least half a head on your average third-grader] and I'd say "Leave my friend alone!" And I'd be like a giant cat and they'd be like scared little mice.

Me: In that case, kitty, you have nothing to worry about if I do something with your crazy messy hair for picture day.

G: I guess not.

Whew. On balance, I'd say parenting was easier when all I had to do was change diapers and stop her from eating dirt ... this logic stuff is exhausting!

1 comment:

mjshdiif said...

ground auction hall, there is the person leading the way, the way lead you into their box. The balcony is antique European opera house decoration, magnificent; ornate; fascinating gorgeous also highlighted the bargainer"Christian Louboutin Outlet noble". There are tight ink green curtains do partitions, each curtain after night demon breath like a whisper. Here is the devil's bargain market.Two tall men opened curtain, ste

red photographs shot for The New York Times Magazine from the late 1970′s to 2011.In an insightful foreword Kathy Ryan explains the unshrinking approach to assigning photographers that the New York Times Magazine has become known for: "Why not send a veteran war photographer to photograph the Oscar- worthy actors one year? Or commission a gallery of Olympians by an artist with a very personal ico

e buyers position; second layer has 12 special boxes, are usually given special status and honorable buyer or seller prepared. Now one layer has filled the position of the basic. The majority of people holding an auction listing, some people have started whispering research list auction.Tong Qing reservation is a second layer on the right side of the third boxes. Sit the elevator down to the under

st prototype through to production in the factory. Looking beyond design and production the exhibition will also explore the company's innovative store design – how fab!It will also highlight some of theChristian Louboutin Women's Flats very interesting collaborations that Louboutin has participated in over the years. Like his project with avant-garde film director David Lynch of Twin Peaks and Mulholland Drive, who also works a