Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Walking down your street

Thanks to me, G has become quite the Bangles fan lately. (Hey, I didn't only listen to depressing music in the 80s.) I've put all their hits on my iPod for her, and this evening we were watching their old videos on YouTube ...

G: What's this song "Manic Monday" about?
Me: It's about having too much fun over the weekend and then not wanting to get up for work on Monday.
G: That's how I feel about school! I feel their pain!


G: Are any of them (the band) still alive?
Me: Um, they're not that much older than me, so yes, they're all still alive.
G: How old are you again?


G (ecstatically): It would be so cool if the Bangles could e-mail me. I'd totally tell all my friends about it.
Me: I'm pretty sure your friends have never heard of the Bangles.
G: Why not?
Me: Because all your friends are also 9, and these videos are from 20 years ago.
G: Oh.

3 comments:

Pixilated Mum said...

The Bangles? You? I would have never guessed. Seriously. I am not being sarcastic.


Essie was singing "Pineapple Princess" by Annette Funicello the other day and then a Brad Paisley song called "You Need a Man 'Round Here." Geesh. What am I doing to my child? But, alas, no Bangles tunes ...

Vanessa said...

LOL ... don't worry, I follow it up with some Peter Murphy for balance. :)

Here's an even better one: When I was in second grade, my favorite musicians of all time were Donny and Marie. I owned their "Deep Purple" album and actually took it in to school for show and tell. Oh, the shame!

Pixilated Mum said...

ROFLMAO

I had "What Do You Give A Wookie For Christmas When He Already Owns A Comb?" and "R2D2, We Wish You a Merry Christmas" to boast about at my fourth grade Show and Tell. LOL

And, yes, there's a link here:
http://download.theforce.net/r2_christmas_song.mp3