Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Dining rules for young ladies and gentlemen

Here is how dinnertime works at our house. I will cook the meal, fill and serve your plate, fill your glass with your beverage of choice, and call you to the table when everything is ready. I will also clean up all the leftovers and load the dishwasher. But once my butt hits the seat and I start eating, I will not get up again until I'm finished. This means that if you want more food, more drink, or a new fork because you've decided you can't eat corn and spaghetti with the same utensil, you need to get up and help yourself.

These rules apply even if:

* You're reading a really good book while you eat
* My chair is 18 inches closer to the desired object than yours is
* Your foot/leg/left pinky finger hurts
* You don't feel like it

Questions? No? Then come and sit down. We're having ice-cream sandwiches for dessert.

2 comments:

theSpacemom said...

Dude! I am so reading this to my children tonight at dinner!

Denise Kawaii said...

I love this! I'm going to present this to my husband so he knows I'm not the only one who has such rules!!