Thursday, February 11, 2010

Sick of being sick

On Sunday night, I came down with the same virus G had last week. It's Day 5 now, and I've finally moved past the fever-and-sore-throat stage, but if this buckets-of-snot, coughing-till-your-chest-hurts stage doesn't end soon, I'm going to lose it.

LOSE.

IT.

I seem to be having more trouble getting over it than G did, but I think that's probably because when she was sick, she lay under a nice soft quilt and read books and played computer games until she recovered, while I've continued to go to work, buy groceries, cook dinner, etc. Only on about half as much sleep as usual, because I keep waking up at four in the morning unable to breathe. Yay.

As someone said to me recently, it sucks to be a grownup. Truer words were never spoken!

ETA: Ooookay, apparently I have a fever again. I would be more worried if the exact same disappearing/reappearing fever thing hadn't happened to G. Man, this virus is the gift that keeps on giving and giving.

No comments: