Thursday, June 28, 2007

Old habits die hard

I wonder how old your child has to be before you stop worrying when it's quiet?

G went upstairs to look for a book 20 minutes ago. I haven't heard a peep from her since. The logical conclusion is that she found her book and is reading, but my mom-dar keeps going *ping* Check on her! *ping* Check on her! *ping*.

I know she's going on nine and is smart enough not to drink Windex or stick her finger in an outlet or run with scissors. I know this.

I'm still going up to check.

3 comments:

Pixilated Mum said...

AUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH. And then what happened???

I hate suspense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Vanessa said...

She came downstairs with her book before I could get up from where I was sitting. :)

Humincat said...

I do that a LOT!!! The other day, I ran into the room, and she looks up, and then smiles and looks back at whatever she had in her hand, while I berated myself for being such a paranoid mom. I guess I'm just used to the days where she didn't do anything unless I was in the room. She checks up on me though too. I love it.