Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The foot fetish post

OK, not really. But I do have to tell you all that the notorious PedEgg actually does work the way it does on television.

I hate socks and wear sandals or some sort of open shoes almost every day of the year, even when it's raining, and I honestly did not think that anything could rid me of the disgusting integument my feet have developed as a result of this habit. Cream, foot scrub, pumice stones -- nothing has ever come close to touching it. But a few minutes with this little cheese-grater-looking thing, and I'm almost callous- and dead skin-free. It'll take another session to get the last of it (I was afraid to do too much at once, plus I have a crack in one of my heels and couldn't go over that area), but this is seriously the best my feet have looked in five years.

I would post a picture of the pile of skin shavings I'm about to throw away, but some things are TMI even for this blog. Oh well.

6 comments:

Humincat said...

And it wasn't painful at all? I'm scared of grating my foot! (But even Hubby gets grossed out at my right foot, so I need to do something)

Vanessa said...

Not at all! It felt a little warm from the friction, but that was it.

I got mine at Linens & Things, but I think you can buy them at a lot of places. It's the best $9.99 I've spent in a long time.

foxychao said...

This is amazing. I looked at the video you linked to and the "grater" part of it looked just like my expensive fruit zester.

Sari said...

I've been wondering about this. I've been enjoying my salon pedicures but if this will save some money, maybe I'll try it! Thanks for the review.

~zandra~ said...

I bought myself one for my birthday, but haven't seen the wonderful effects you have. All the reviews agree with you though, so perhaps I'm just doing it wrong?

Vanessa said...

Hey Z -- I think the trick is not being afraid to apply pressure. I went lightly at first because I was nervous about those blades, and it didn't seem to work as well then. Once I really started grating away, then I got tons of stuff off. You just have to stop and check a lot to make sure you haven't scraped down to the living flesh.