Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Clash of the Titans

Me: You need to take your shower now so your hair will be dry by bedtime.
G: WAAAAAAAHHHHHHH! NOOOOOOOOOO!
Me: Yes.
G (flailing): BWLAHAAAAAAAAAGGGHH! GAAAAAAAAH! NOOOO! GO AWAAAAAAAAAY!
Me (secretly wondering when her head is going to spin around): Okay, here's the deal. Your bedtime is at 8:30. Every time I ask you to get into the shower and you tell me no, it goes back 15 minutes. Say no enough times, and I could easily end up putting you to bed right now. What do you think about that?
G: *meekly goes and gets in shower*

I probably should not be so pleased about winning a battle of wills with an eight-year-old, but I am. Ha! So there! Also, for the record, I was not being unreasonable with my hair-washing request. I've been letting her skip it since Saturday, and it looks like she melted a stick of butter on her head. Yuck.

1 comment:

Pixilated Mum said...

My kid just cries, "MY EYES... I CAN'T SEE ... Where's the towel? MY EYES!!!!!!!!"

Sigh.