Saturday, February 24, 2007

More pants

G continued to insist on her need to wear a skirt to the birthday party, so I let her wear one, but brought a pair of jeans along in the car and told her that they would be there if she decided to change. After eating it several times on the hard wooden rink floor, she said, "I want to go put my jeans on. My legs are cold." So, we went out to the car and she changed. On the way back inside, I said "It looks like all the other girls decided to wear pants, huh?" and she sighed and said "You were right."

I wish I'd had a tape recorder, 'cause I'll probably want to play those words back to her when she's 14. Or, knowing G, next week.

As for the actual skating, she had a very hard time at the beginning and returned her skates after the first two stumbling laps around the rink, saying that she didn't want to do it anymore. Then she watched a really talented teenage couple skate (seriously, they were like Olympic pairs champions) and was so impressed that she wanted to try it again. She got her skates back, strapped them on, and doggedly did several more laps -- this time not making a big fuss or complaining when she fell.

I told her I was very proud of her for trying again. It was true. :)

No comments: