Monday, February 19, 2007

How to know you have PMS

1. You are so desperate for sugar that you eat a huge bowl of slightly stale Choconilla Rice Krispies.

2. You wonder if you were on crack when you deliberately did not buy any ice cream at the supermarket.

3. You put Meredith Brooks' song "Bitch" on endless repeat on your iPod.

4. You get teary-eyed while telling the cat what a good girl she is.

5. You are too impatient to think of a fifth item for your list.

Today G and I were meant to go to Universal Studios with P's cousin, but it rained, so we didn't. Instead, we went hunting for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles action figures for G, ate lunch at California Pizza Kitchen, watched hours and hours of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles DVDs while playing with the new figures, fell asleep on the sofa (actually, that was just me), and went to the Apple Store to confirm that my new MacBook's battery is as dead as a doornail. Boo. They ordered me a new one, but still, boo.

We also had an exotic fruit tasting this afternoon, which is something G has been asking to do for a long time. The three fruits we tried were starfruit, rambutan and dragonfruit, and they looked like this to start:



And like this after they were cut:



The rambutan looked like snail guts, but tasted the nicest, at least to me -- G didn't like it at all. The starfruit was just nasty (I think we might have had an overripe one), and the dragonfruit was a beautiful color (and a color that stains, so beware if you sample it for yourself) but also tasted awful in a way I can't describe. However, as I said to G, you live and learn, and now we've learned, so let's have some tangerines and bananas instead. And we did.

1 comment:

Well-heeled mom said...

There is such a thing as dragonfruit? I must try it. We bought some dragonfruit flavored gum and I thought it was just a joke! I loved the flavor.