Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Mirabile dictu

G is in her room, with the night light on and Catherine for company, attempting to go to sleep on her own.

G never goes to sleep on her own. Ever. Bedtime means at least an hour of me sitting on the end of her bed, waiting and waiting and waiting for her to succumb to the Sandman, so this is very weird. Weirder still: it was her idea for me to leave the room. But you won't hear me arguing, especially since I've been able to use the last 45 minutes to clean the kitchen, pack her lunch, scoop the cat box and iron my clothes for tomorrow. Now I just need her to actually go to sleep so I can bake the brownie dough that's calling to me seductively from the refrigerator.

4 comments:

Well-heeled mom said...

Bedtime is a story and laying with The Boy for a few minutes. Truth be told I enjoy that time with him, just as I enjoyed giving him his bedtime bottle - but I often wonder when he won't want it anymore.

Vanessa said...

We still read on her bed every night, and I love that and would miss it if she asked me to stop. Sitting in the dark for an hour while struggling not to fall asleep myself, though -- that I can do without. :)

Pixilated Mum said...

Don't. Get. Me. Started.

The middle child goes to be at 7 p.m., gets a kiss and a little bit of snuggling then is passed out by 7:30 p.m. The girl reads from 7:30 until 8:30 p.m., where I go in and snuggle her for a bit and do a -one-on-one chat. Every now and then, though her goofy mom forgets she's in her room reading and the girl stays up reading until 10 p.m. And worst of all, sometimes, the lights are out at 8:30 p.m. and the kid is in her bed, but she's making the stuffed animals chat until about 10 p.m. It is ridiculous.

Augh.

Pixilated Mum said...

In reply to your reply on my blog ...

The funny thing is that DD likes sports. She loves soccer and baseball and running and climbing. It's just that blasted stinkin' shotput that was SO not working.What way is that to initiate track and field??? LOL I hope they get to run like the wind (run like crazy?) next time. Sigh.

ROFL about G, though!