Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Pop quiz

1. How have G and I both managed to fall spectacularly down the stairs, independent of each other, in the last 5 days?

A. Clumsiness is hereditary.
B. The cats are greasing the steps while we're away.
C. A ghost pushed us both from behind.
D. We have carpet gnomes.

2. Why do I now have a sore knee, an aching lower back, and a bruise the size of a tennis ball on my butt, while G is totally unscathed?

A. She's young.
B. I'm old.
C. I didn't try to break my fall because I was carrying my laptop and had to hold it up out of harm's way as I fell. (Priorities!)
D. All of the above

3. How long will it take for the bruise to go away?

A. Two days
B. Two weeks
C. Two months
D. I'm scarred for life.

4. How have I been treating my pain?

A. Lying in bed and watching Doctor Who.
B. Eating lots of cheese and chocolate.
C. Not exercising.
D. All of the above

2 comments:

NJN said...

So sorry about the fall!!! I'm such a clod that I've stopped wondering about my bruises. Just yesterday I was in the shower, wondering how in the name of doG did I get a bruise on the top of my foot???

And you've been tagged with a meme on my blog :-)

writermeeg said...

OK, you are brilliantly funny, my friend. This cracked me up (I have a bad habit of laughing at human clumsiness, too, including my own!). And Senna would SURELY pick carpet gnomes. We are all about gnomes right now...