Sunday, November 18, 2007

Oh, my aching head

Well, it's not actually my aching head, it's G's. P and I both had severe migraines as children -- mine started when I was 4, his at around 8 or 9 -- and so we always suspected it was only a matter of time before G developed them too. Sure enough, they kicked in the year she turned 6 (we did take her to the doctor at the time, but only to confirm what we already knew it was), and now she gets one every couple of months. Tonight is one of those nights, and we've already been through the vomiting stage and are now on to the sleeping-in-a-dark-room stage. Poor girl.

4 comments:

Humincat said...

Oh MAN! I just had one the other day like that, and I feel sooo bad for her! Poor thing! I always lay on my stomach and squish my head as hard as I can. Poor baby.

Annie said...

Oh poor baby. I have so been there. Mine started in my late twenties though and got steadily worse and unknown to me were related to my gallbladder problems. I say unknown because I didn't know that my gallbladder had a problem. When I finally was diagnose properly (last year) and had it removed, the migraines have all but disappeared. I have had one really bad one and the rest have been just the aura and that jet lag feeling (which I will take any day).

Can she tolerate an icebag? That helped for me. The only thing that really worked though was dark and a long nap. Hope she is feeling better tomorrow.

writermeeg said...

Oh, poor G. Sending you both nugs.

writermeeg said...

oops, I meant hugs. ;)